Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Top 10 Reasons Why I Will be an Example of Purity



1. Purity is one of the key traits of the Savior and when I choose to be pure, I’m trying
to be more like Him, I’m honoring Him, and I’m showing my love and appreciation
for Him.

2. Purity is a measurement of the respect I have for myself and for others around me.

3. Choosing Purity is choosing righteousness – choosing to be in the right place, at the
right time, with the right people, for the right reasons.

4. Purity offers a significant opportunity, a sacred responsibility to influence and even
change eternal destinies – when I am pure I have the capacity to change someone
else because I will be in tune with the Spirit of the Lord. By influencing just one
person righteously, I can change a life, a family, a community, a generation, a
nation, and even the world.

5. The promise Purity offers me is the continued companionship of the Holy Ghost, His
guidance, His protection, His direction, His comfort, His love, and His understanding.

6. The blessings of the Temple – the House of the Lord – are promised to me as I live
a virtuous life of Purity. The Temple is the Lord’s University of Higher Spiritual
Learning that is not available anywhere else. I will never forfeit those blessings.

7. Purity teaches that it is much easier to build boys than to mend men, and to grow
girls than to patch princesses.

8. Living a life of purity is never regretted. Never. Blessings of peace and happiness,
increase self-image and self-worth, more consistent spiritual experiences, stronger
testimonies, and deeper relationships with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are
some the many wonderful products of Purity I want in my life.

9. The relationship I will have with my future spouse will be better, more rewarding,
more fulfilling, more honest, and more enduring. The relationships I will have with
my future children will be better and stronger. Almost every important relationship
I will ever develop, now and in the future, will be improved upon as I live a life of
Purity – as I choose to draw a line in the sand and decide to never cross it.

10. Through lives of Purity I will open doors that would have otherwise remained closed
and in so doing I will learn to understand my ultimate potential – to become like my
Heavenly Father, and to be worthy of serving Him in the important latter-day work
of preparing for the Second Coming of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
_______________________________________________________

“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers… in purity.”
1 Timothy 4: 12

Bishop Wm. Calvin Hughes
April 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment