Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bishopric Milestone, Our Four-Year Anniversary



Dear Brethren (serving or have served) in the Loving Lake Elsinore Ward Bishopric,

Happy Anniversary! I also wanted to thank you personally for your support for me and my calling. What a blessing you have been to me, both individually and collectively. I'm not sure how to adequately thank someone for the support and commitment and sacrifice that each of you and your families have dedicated to your callings.

Today, July 7, 2011, marks the four-year anniversary of when the Loving Lake Elsinore Ward bishopric changed from Bishop Fardig. Just wanted to send off a note to express my appreciation for your service to the Lord, to our Ward family, and the blessing it has been (and still is) to serve with you.

I have grown more in the last four years than I could have ever imagined. My testimony has multiplied. My relationship with, and love for the Savior and our Heavenly Father have deepened tremendously. My ability to seek and follow the Spirit has been refined. My understanding of the doctrines have expanded. My love for my fellowmen has grown. My realization of just how intimately the Lord is involved in this work has been more clearly revealed. My appreciation for and understanding of the Atonement has expanded, but I realize that there is so much more to know about it. I attribute the lion-share of my growth to you because of how you've supported me, been patient with me, and encouraged me again and again, regardless of the situation. How blessed I have felt because of your uninhibited love and support! And in-turn, the support of your families as well.

Heaven knows that I have plenty (an over abundance) of shortcomings and weaknesses. The Atonement is needed by me and is as personally applicable for me as it is for anyone. I am no better than anybody else, requiring the full merits and mercies of the Savior in hopes to pass the test of mortality. I know there are plenty of areas in my life that I need to improve on. As we all know, serving in any particular calling doesn't 'increase the odds' that someone will receive exaltation. My abilities and leadership style has its pluses and minuses, and I feel so blessed that you have wholly focused on the positive points, helping me to improve and be a much better bishop than I could be otherwise. I will ever be thankful to you for that!

You have taught me things that have been so beneficial to me as an individual and to my calling. I have been in countless situations where I have referred to your examples and counsel as I have met with and counseled others. The Lord has been generous in helping our Ward family progress. Our collective efforts have augmented to His and as we've worked together our Ward has been blessed. We will continue to be blessed as we continue accordingly.

No doubt, there are lots of areas that we can improve on. If you are aware of anything that we can do better on, please don't hesitate to let me know.

I love you and I feel the Lord's love for you and your families. Thank you for your goodness and your example for me. May the Lord continue to bless you, your family, our Ward family, and our bishopric as we strive to serve in the way He would want us to. We still have much work to do, so let's give it our best over the next couple of years! I give you and the Lord my commitment to do my best.

Happy four-year anniversary to us! (please share this note with your spouse).

Love, Your Brother in Christ,

bishop Wm. Calvin Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment