Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Top 10 Reasons Why I Choose to be Happy


(most of the time, it is a choice)

1- I’m a member of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

2- I have been blessed with priesthood authority to serve others like the Savior would to help Him accomplish His mission preparing the world for His return.

3- I’m sealed to my family – to generations past and to my spouse and children and to my Heavenly Father and His Son.

4- I have received a testimony that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ, that His atonement is real, and that there is a plan of happiness divinely designed and implemented that applies personally and universally.

5- There have been multiple occasions, too many to count, that my prayers have been answered, that God has intervened, taught me, protected me, and loved me, in spite of myself.

6- The Holy Ghost, third member of the Godhead, is actively involved in my life, a close friend, a trusted confident, an adviser who encourages me, lifts me, counsels me, guides me, gives me insights and perspectives that I would not have otherwise.

7- I have made covenants with my spouse and with my God, and they bring me confidence and purpose unrestrained.

8- The blessing of a temple where I feel close to my Savior – a place set apart for that purpose, a place dedicated as holy ground, a place where my personal holiness can be improved upon with every visit.

9- The opportunity to exercise agency to focus on the positive, find the silver lining in the cloud, the nourishment from the storm, the growth and insight from the trial – my cup isn't just half full, it runneth over.

10- I am experiencing and can see continuous blessings from choosing to live the commandments of the Lord.
______________________________

Bishop Wm. Calvin Hughes
May 4, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment