Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thy Works O Lord, How Was It Done?


How my Lord?

The humming bird so fragile, the cheetah so quick and agile –

The ocean so deep and blue, every sunrise so incredibly new –

The earth’s formation, just the right distance from the sun –

I wonder O Lord – How it was done?


How O Creator?

The smell of the newborn so sweet, soft little hands and feet –

Last night’s stars that twinkled, the elephant’s skin so wrinkled –

Mountains of monumental majesty, deserts of peaceful tranquility –

I marvel Dear Creator – How was it done?


How O Great Architect?

So sensitive and insightful the heart, the mind so complex and smart –

Flowers of every possible hue, the freshness of the morning dew –

Music that stirs every soul, diamonds formed from compressed coal –

In awe I ask O Father – How was it done?


How, Almighty One?

Giraffes, starfish and dolphins – caterpillar, ostrich and barnyard hens –

Holding hands – playing and laughter, with my five year-old daughter –

In my arms she sleeps and dreams, of fairy tales and princess things –

Amazed I wonder my King – Just how it was done?


How Master over all, both great and small?

Smiles that mend most ev’ry pain, prairies that flow with golden grain –

A kiss as bride and groom, the scent when orange blossoms bloom –

Planets and galaxies without end, the calm to know someone as friend –

I desire to understand Master – O how was it done?


O God, The Father of All,

Thy works so glorious and grand, without end thy creations planned –

Each unique with intrinsic beauty, all with exactness absolutely –

Every aspect, divinely deliberate every way, every moment, every day –

At last I’m beginning to see – it was done with love, so perfectly.


bishop Wm. Calvin Hughes

May 30, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment