Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

O Sun



O sun, so dependable and true,

For every dark night,

Consistently you break thru.

You wake us and warm us,

And give life to adorn us;

A loyal friend who melts the dew.


O sun, millions of miles away,

Undaunted, constant, without delay,

You emerge faultless every day.

Unappreciated by most,

Though you’d never boast,

Quietly beaming ray after ray.


O sun, my faithful comrade,

Giving light to each day’s journey,

Dedication of a proud dad.

About tomorrow, no question,

Look up to another warm impression,

The depth and color and beauty you add.


O Son, so faithful and true,

In keeping Your word,

You did what You said You’d do.

The grace of it warms me,

The mercy in it reforms me,

Loyal Ally who makes me new.


O Son, close as a prayer away,

Your saving offering universal,

Full of love and majesty.

Misunderstood by most,

Adored by countless heavenly hosts;

Humble and infinite the price You paid.


O Son, Rock on whom I can depend,

To light my day, to guide my way,

My sweet Father, my Heavenly Friend.

Where I seek comfort in stormy weather,

My Savior to the end, come whatever,

Your love and mercy will forever attend.

________________________________________

Wm. Calvin Hughes

February 22, 2008

Dedicated to Sadie Jane on her seventh birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment