Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Day We Met













Barely her whole hand,

Could get around

My little finger.


But instantly

She’d gotten a hold

Of my entire heart.














Nothing’s quite like it.

No experience can compare.

My world had changed forever.


In the blink of an eye,

I became more responsible.

More loving. More complete.







Words before familiar,

Took new meaning ~Joy,

Princess ~ Family ~ Love ~ Perfection.


Heaven had indeed,

Smiled sweetly upon me.

My arms held innocence and purity.















Nothing seemed of more import,

No thoughts were more significant.

My heart filled to overflowing.


In the blink of an eye

She’d gotten a hold

Of my entire heart.










Even though her whole hand

Could barely reach around

My little finger.


For Bai, my sweet daughter - your Dad loves you!


Wm. Calvin Hughes

December 25, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment