Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Paradoxical Commandments for Marriage


Sometimes I may think my spouse is illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
I will love him/her anyway.

When doing something good, I might be accused of having ulterior motives.
I’ll do good anyway.

The kindness and consideration I give may not be appreciated or recognized.
I’ll be kind and considerate anyway.

The understanding and service I offer today might be forgotten tomorrow.
I’ll serve and be understanding anyway.

Being honest and devoted and passionate might make me vulnerable.
I’ll be honest and devoted and passionate anyway.

Dreaming about the possibilities, and shooting for the stars might be met with reservation.
I’ll dream anyway.

I may offer support and find out that it isn’t returned in kind.
I’ll be supportive anyway.

I might spend years building something that could be destroyed overnight.
I’ll build anyway.

Being helpful and forgiving may seem to backfire at times.
I’ll be helpful and forgiving anyway.

I will give my partner the best I have and might wonder if it’s all worth it.
I’ll give him/her the best I have anyway


© Copyright Kent M. Keith 1968, revised by Bishop Wm. Calvin Hughes, 4/29/06

No comments:

Post a Comment