Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Top 10 Reasons I’ve Found Peace in Christ’s Church


 Top 10 Reasons I’ve Found Peace in Christ’s Church

 

1.       I have learned for myself that God is real, that He lives, and that He wants to have an ongoing, intimate relationship with each of His children. (Jer. 10:10, Ps. 90:2, Heb, 3:4, 11:6) – That gives me peace!

2.       I have come to realize that all people who have ever or will ever live in mortality are God’s children. The human family is God’s Family which spiritually puts us all on an equal playing field. (Gal. 3:28, Acts 10:34, Rom. 2:11, 10:12, Jn. 3:16) – That gives me peace!

3.       I know that God loves us all, more than we can understand. He loves us as a doting parent loves His children. He wants the best for us, is quick to forgive us, and wants us to return and live with Him someday. (Josh. 1:9, Ps. 36:7, Jn. 16:17, Rom. 5:8) – That gives me peace!

4.       I have found that God has a plan for me (and for everyone else) – that means even though we might be lost or wandering and directionless, God is vigilant at helping us make course corrections according to His plan. (Jer. 1:5, 29:11, Ps. 33:11, 32:8, 2 Pet. 3:9) – That gives me peace!

5.       I have learned that my life (and everyone else’s) didn’t mysteriously and miraculously occur at birth. We lived with God prior to mortality as His spirit children (Jer. 1:4-5, Eccl. 12:7, Gal. 1:15, Eph. 1:4). We participated in the war in heaven (Rev. 12:11), and fought for God’s plan to enter mortality, receive a physical body, and be tested. – That gives me peace!

6.       I have discovered that the Godhead are three separate persons – God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. They are One in purpose, United in principle, but separate individuals. Christ asked his disciples to be one as He and the Father are One (Matt. 3:17, Jn. 17:21-23). Like Them, we can be one, unified together with each other, with God the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ, and still be individuals. –  That gives me peace!  

7.       I have come to understand how important authority is in God’s church (Matt. 7:29, 28:18, Mk. 1:27, Jn. 15:16, Num. 27:23, Ex. 40:12-16). And that only those that have been called and set apart by someone who has been given authority from God are authorized to perform the ordinances of salvation. It eliminates confusion. – That gives me peace!

8.       It’s wonderful, I’ve realized that the heavens are not sealed, that God speaks to His children today. He is not silent – God’s children of today’s modern world are as important to Him as His children were in the first 4,000 years. He wants to counsel us and give us direction, protection and hope regarding modern-day world challenges. He wants a relationship with His children and is ever ready to make His will known to us. Prayer works and prayers are answered (Ps. 33:3, 34:4, 66:33, 29:3-9, Jer. 10:13, 19:12-13 Ex. 20:1-17, Ezek. 12:25, Matt. 3:17, Jn. 16:24, 2 Pet. 1:21). Revelation from God continues today. God’s communication is as relevant as ever and needed now more than ever. There is no better way to know His will than to receive it directly from Him. – And that gives me peace!

9.       It’s so comforting to know that God is a righteous and merciful judge. On judgement day, we will be judged individually on our own faith and merits, and not compared to anyone else. While judging He will perfectly balance justice and mercy. (Ps. 9:8, 33:22, Ezek. 33:20, 1 Sam. 24:15, Rev. 20:11-15) – And that gives me peace!

10.    I’ve learned that the gifts of resurrection and eternal life are available to all of God’s children. The gift of immortality is available to all people, all nations, kindreds, tongues, black and white, bond and free, male and female, Jew and Gentile, and everyone else. (1 Cor. 15:22, Jn. 5:24-26, 12:32, Rom. 6:3-5) – And that gives me peace!


_______________________________________________


There are dozens of additional reasons that the Gospel of Jesus Christ gives peace.


With so much chaos and turmoil in the world, peace seems elusive and fleeting to many. But the doctrines and

teachings of Christ’s gospel are a beacon of light and respite, piercing through mortality’s heavy storms and

unsettling darkness. They offer us safety, comfort, relief and tangible, essential peace.

Isn’t it wonderful that peace comes to us from and through the Prince of Peace? He said,

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let

not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (Jn. 14:27). – And that gives me peace!

______________________________________________


Wm. Calvin Hughes | June 1, 2023 | Lake Elsinore, California


No comments:

Post a Comment