Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Delight in the Lord


DELIGHT IN THE LORD

Regardless of things in my past (the good things, as well as the follies of yesteryear), I love the idea that today – that each and every day is a new day! I’ve recently learned of a new perspective, a new ‘life mantra’ if you will. One that I am learning and yearning to employ in my life with the dawn of each new day. As a tool for self-governing  and self-evaluating, for self-judgment of my thoughts, of my words and of my decisions… for my deeds, for my relationships and for my personal discipleship – to preface each day and begin every endeavor with these personal queries: “Will it delight the Lord? (Psalms 1:2, Jeremiah 9:24); Is the Lord delighted in me? (Numbers 14:8); Am I delighting myself in the Lord? (Psalms 37:4, Isaiah 58:13-14).” Oh, the wish of my heart is to become a delight to Him each day, all the day long.  
______________________________________________________

Wm. Calvin Hughes
Lake Elsinore, California | July 12, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment