Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

God's Mercy and Justice



God's Mercy and Justice

If God exalts me, it will be because of His mercy,
And if God exalts me, it will be because of His justice.

If God doesn't exalt me, it will be because of His justice,
And if God doesn't exalt me, it will be because of His mercy.

There is kindness in His justice and grace in His mercy.
For both justice and mercy I lean fully on His ample arm.

Wm. Calvin Hughes - 3/12/2013
 _______________________________

Here's the verse of poetry that inspired these thoughts:

There's wideness in God's mercy,
Like the wideness of the sea.
There's a kindness in His justice, 
Which is more than liberty.

Fredrick William Faber, English Hymn Writer and Theologian (1814 - 1863)
(Wrote lyrics to "Faith of our Fathers" Hymn 84, LDS Hymnal)
_________________________________

Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: 
Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, 
in the midst of the years make known; 
in wrath remember mercy. 
Habakkuk 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment