Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

God's Sweet and Comforting Promises


Some of my favorites - Sweet and Comforting Promises from God
  • All things work together for the good to those that love the Lord.
  • For with God, nothing shall be impossible.
  • For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
  • Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.
  • And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
  • These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
  • Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
  • Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
  • I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
  • But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
  • For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
  • Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
  • Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
  • Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
  • Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
  • Behold, I will go before you and be your rearward; and I will be in your midst, and you shall not be confounded. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, and I come quickly.
  • I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
  • And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
  • For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance; Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven. Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.
  • I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
  • For he will fulfill all his promises which he shall make unto you, for he has fulfilled his promises which he has made unto our fathers.
  • Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants. Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.
  • Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
  • And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours. And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more. And he that is a faithful and wise steward shall inherit all things.
  • Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven. The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.
  • And also all they who receive this priesthood receive me, saith the Lord; For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me; And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father; And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father’s kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.

Bishop Wm. Calvin Hughes – Lake Elsinore, California

No comments:

Post a Comment